Welcome back to my blog! I took a break during the last few weeks of Christmas. But now I am back and today we are concluding our look at bears. On my animal page we talked about real bears. On my Disney page we talked about Disney bears. So, it makes perfect sense that on the Pokemon page we discuss Pokemon based off of bears. So without further ado lets look at these Pokemon that are based off of bears.
There are not that many Pokemon that are based off of bears. We have the Teddiursa line, Cubchoo line and the Pancham line.
The Teddiursa line is my favorite line. Teddiursa is very cute and I gave a Teddiursa stuffed animal to my nephew and he calls in moon bear. Teddiursa evolves into Ursaring. Ursaring is an awesome and powerful Pokemon. Both of its abilities have to do with status conditions. The ability Guts boosts the attack of Ursaring when it has a status condition. Quick Feet makes Ursaring faster when it has a status condition. Add these abilities plus the move Facade which becomes more powerful when the Pokemon has a status condition and the fact that Facade is a normal type move which gives Ursaring A STAB bonus and you have one powerful Ursaring. I have used an Ursaring and they are very good. In the anime Paul used a powerful Ursaring on his team.
The Cubchoo line I am not a fan of. I know Cubchoo is supposed to be cute, but to me he just comes off as gross. The never ending snot hanging off his nose is not cute. Cubchoo evolves into Beartic and it is much better. It looks like it could kill you instantly and has a much better design that Cubchoo. I have never used this line so I can’t say if it is good or not. I imagine Beartic has good attack and speed. If you like these Pokemon fine. There are Pokemon worse than Cubchoo.
The Pancham line is a decent line. Pancham is cute while trying to look tough and I like that about Pancham. Pancham is based off a panda bear and pandas are supposed to be cute, But Pangoro is not cute. Pancham evolves into this menacing looking Pangoro and is not as appealing as Pancham is. Once again I have never used the Pancham line. Maybe if I trained one and it was good my opinion on Pangoro could change.
So there we have it those are the Pokemon that think best represent bears. There might have been others that you think might have been included such as Snorlax or Komala but to me they just didn’t scream bear as much as these did. This was a shorter blog but I hope you enjoyed it. Share this blog with a friends and family. I would really like to make this blog known. When we return next week we will be discussing Marsupials. See ya then.
Today we are going to pause on my top 10 favorite Pokemon list and talk about 3 reasons why I will be getting Pokemon Sword and Shield
- I love Pokemon.
The reason I play in Pokemon game is because I love playing the Pokemon game. I love the massive number of Pokemon that we have. I love battling with them and I like watching other people play as well and help them improve their battling skills.
2. My favorite Pokemon will be in Sword and Shield.
If you do not know these games have been heavily criticized for not allowing every Pokemon to be used in Sword and Shield. The only starter Pokemon that will be appearing in Sword and Shield are the Charmander line and the new starters. Meaning Pokemon like Sceptile, Blastoise and Venusaur will not be in the games. Also no legendary Pokemon other than the new ones will be in the game as well. This has lead many people on the fence on whether ot not they are getting the games. Well since Ponyta and hopefully Rapidash got a Galarian form this means that regular Ponyta and Rapidash will be in the games or can be transferred over once Pokemon Home comes out next year. So my favorite Pokemon Rapidash will be in the game so this also means that I am playing Shield first since that is the game that Galarain Ponyta is in.
3. I am excited about playing a new Pokemon game.
It has been a long time since I have played a new game of Pokemon and I am so ready to play Pokemon Sword and Shield. I love the story, catching new pokemon and making new favorites along the way. Some of the new game features sound interesting and I can’t wait to try them out.
So there we have it, those are my reasons why I am going to get and already have Pokemon Sword and Shield. I love Pokemon and I can not wait to play them. Only 2 more days. I can wait 2 more days to play. But I am so ready to play these games. So that is all I have for today. Next time on the Pokemon page we will be discussing my top 10 favorite Ghost type Pokemon. Catch ya later.
Today we are going to look at my top 10 favorite Normal type Pokemon. Normal is not really my favorite type. But I decided it would be fun to find out what my top ten favorite Normal type Pokemon were. So I went to a site https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html and the Pokemon picker and there I narrowed down the 10 Normal type Pokemon that I like the most. So without further ado here they are….
10. Fearow. This bird is a nice very cool looking bird. I have used Fearow a few times and it did fairly well. I love its design. With the massive wings and the huge beak, this Pokemon is a force to be reckoned with. I also have a shiny Fearow so that is another reason to love it.
9. Teddiursa. Teddiursa is just a cute Pokemon that deserves to be loved. I do love its evolution Ursaring. It is a powerful Pokemon with good abilities and a nice movepool to make the Teddiursa family and good choice for a team. Also I gave a stuffed Teddiursa to my nephew who always calls Teddiursa moon bear.
8. Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is an awesome Normal type because of its mega evolution. Before it was nerfed Mega Kangaskhan was a powerhouse that hit everything twice thanks to its ability Parental Bond. So if you were to use a 100 base power Earthquake twice you were basically delivering a 200 base power attack. Not many Pokemon could withstand the might of Mega Kangaskhan. Plus its design is pretty cool.
7. Toucannon. Toucannon is cool because of its design and ability to hold its own in battle. I love toucans so a Pokemon based off of a toucan I am going to like. I just wish Toucannon looked happier. Plus its signature move Beak Blast can burn opponents so that is always fun.
6. Braviary. I don’t have a big reason for why I love Braviary but I like it because it is based off of an eagle. It can also do well in battle. I have never used one during a play through because either it wasn’t available or for the fact that it takes forever to evolve.
5. Snorlax. Snorlax is one of those Pokemon where looks can be deceiving. It looks like a Pokemon who only cares about eating and sleeping. And while you would be right, Snorlax has proven time and time again that it can battle. I have used Snorlax a few times and I have seen it being used. Snorlax has amazing bulk and is able to take hits very well. Plus it usually has Rest which heals all the damage that Snorlax has received and goes to sleep. Snorlax is a force to be reckoned with and I love using it and watch it destroy teams. Snorlax is awesome.
4. Tauros. I have used Tauros on many occasions and it is always fun to use. Simple design but still a pretty cool design. Tauros in Red and Blue were so hard to catch but when you did catch one, they became a powerhouse on your team. Tauros is awesome not much more to say.
3. Swellow. Swellow is an awesome regional bird Pokemon. Its design is awesome and I love using Aerial Ace with Swellow. Its design is very cool and I love using it. We can’t talk about Swellow and not mention the “thunder armor” moment in the anime. When Ash uses a unique tactic that can only be done on the anime. He tells Pikachu to use Thunder on himself while riding Swellow. Swellow should have been ko’d but instead developed Thunder Armor. This gave Swellow more power and was able to defeat the Pokemon. Swellow looked awesome during this battle.
2. Staraptor. Staraptor is one of my favorite regional birds and has an awesome design. It is very powerful with the ability Intimidate. And moves such as Brave Bird and Close Combat. Staraptor is a Pokemon that demands respect and I love it.
- Arceus. And my favorite Normal type Pokemon is…. the Mythical Pokemon and creator of the Pokemon World, Arceus. Arceus is a very cool Pokemon that is said to have created our world with its thousand arms. These arms are never seen but still it is very cool to have a god Pokemon. Arceus is extremely powerful;. It has the ability Multitype which allows it to become whatever type plate it is holding. This makes Arceus unpredictable as you never know what type of Arceus you will face. Plus its move Judgement becomes the same type that Arceus is. Which means Arceus will always have a STAB attack. Its movie was one of my favorite Pokemon movie. Arceus is awesome and it is one of my favorite Pokemon let alone my favorite Normal type Pokemon.
So there we have it. Those are my top 10 favorite Normal type Pokemon. What are your favorite Normal type Pokemon? Let me know in the comments below. And if you like this please share it with others. So until next time go catch some Pokemon.
The Spinarak family
Today we are talking about a bug/poison Pokemon named Spinarak and Ariados. Both Pokemon are based on spiders, with Spinarak being based on the happy face spider. Ariados seems to be based on spitting spiders. These spiders are able to spit their webs from both ends and can swing through the trees. Spinarak evolves into Ariados at level 22. Spinarak and Ariados are bug/poison which is a quite common type combo. They have 4 weaknesses and isn’t immune to anything. They are weak to Stealth Rocks. They are not the strongest pokemon. They are very slow for spiders but their attack is their strongest stat. Being bug/poison has its advantages and disadvantages. It is good against the powerful Fairy type,but weak to very common types like Fire and Flying. While not my favorite Pokemon but they are not bad. I do love Ariados’ shiny. The Spinarak family have had a few appearances in the anime but no main characters own one. They are gen 2 pokemon and you face a Spinarak in Bugsy’s gym in Gold and Silver. The Spinarak family are cool Pokemon. So do you like the Spinarak family? Let me know in the comments below.
The Honedge family
Today we are going to talk about a rather unique Pokemon family. The Honedge family are an evolutionary line of a Steel/Ghost type. Honedge evolves into Doublade at level 35 and Doublade evolves into Aegislash with the use of a Dusk Stone. No other Pokemon has Honedge’s type combination of Steel/Ghost. They are seem to be based on the sword and the shield. Honedge is a single sword with an eye on the hilt. It’s Pokedex entry states that if one touches the hilt, Honedge drains the person of their life energy. Honedge as the ability No Guard which allows Honedge to hit through anything. Due to being a sword, Honedge and its family learn many sword based moves such as Sacred Sword. Being Steel/Ghost, Honedge and its family have 9 resistances are are weak to 4 very common types. Aegislash is not a bad Pokemon on competitive play. It has the ability Stance Change which allows Aegislash to attack or defend itself based on the attack it is using. This makes Aegislash unpredictable and able to strike at anytime. It has no fear of entry hazards or poison, though it doesn’t like being burned. While Honedge and its family are very cool Pokemon and I love the concept of a Pokemon sword, however it is not one of my favorites. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. I have used Aegislash from time to time and it has never let me down, so I know from experience that it is a useful and good Pokemon. Doublade, Honedge’s middle evolution also has No Guard for its ability. This actually makes since. Honedge and Doublade are both swords with no shield. There is no way to block an attack. But Aegislash has a sword and shield so it makes since that its ability would be different. And while Doublade has no shield, it is tied with its final evolution of having the highest defense of all Ghost types. So have you ever used Honedge and its family? Is it one of your favorite Pokemon? Let me know in the comments below. And if you like this share it with a friend. So until next time always remember… Pokemon are awesome.
Staryu and Starmie
Introduced in Gen 1, Staryu and its evolution Starmie have been fan favorites of Pokemon fans since the beginning. Starmie is an awesome Pokemon to battle with and have in a team.. It can be a sweeper, or a spinner. With access to attacks like Scald, Recover, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam as well as Psychic and Dazzling Gleam, Starmie and Staryu are a force to be reckoned with. Design wise their design is not terrible. Staryu resembles a golden star but also resembles a starfish. It can regrow its arms like a starfish if they are bitten off. Starmie has one of the best shiny color designs and I love that I have one. Staryu and Starmie have been used many times in the anime, most notably from Misty the water gym leader of Cerulean City. Interesting, Misty seemed to favor her Staryu over her move powerful and evolved Starmie. Staryu has won Misty some tough battles. Staryu has been a pokeball item for Super Smash bros since Melee. Staryu is pretty powerful too and can be used in the Little Cup tier. It evolves by a water stone so you can easily train up Staryu to learn all of the moves you want before evolving it into Starmie. It also has the awesome ability Natural Cure which removes status conditions when switched out. Pair that with Recover and the item Leftovers and Staryu and Starmie become even more hard to defeat. However since they are Water types, they are weak to Electric, Grass and as well as Ghost, Dark and Bug for Starmie due to begin Water/Psychic. But Staryu and Starmie are still very cool Pokemon and I look forward to seeing them in battle soon. So until next time always remember…. Got to catch em all!
I never used a Quagsire before Pokemon Colosseum, I had no idea of how good it was. But then when I played Pokemon Colosseum I met a little cute guy named Wooper. I caught him and named it Happy. And ever since then we have been the best of friends. Quagsire is a water/ground pokemon which grants Quagsire an immunity to electric but a 4x weakness to grass. Grass is its only weakness but it is a big weakness being 4x weak to it. Happy was amazing in Colosseum and ever since then if I have the opportunity to train another Quagsire, I always name it Happy. Quagsire aren’t the smartest Pokemon. They can bump their head on things and not seem to care. They don’t move a lot so they don’t need to eat a lot. They mostly just lie still with their mouths open and eat whatever swims in. Quagsire are also cute in my opinion and very cool. I love using Pokemon that I have never used before. And Quagsire is a member of this awesome group. I will continue to use Quagsire if the situation presents itself. It also has nice abilities. Water Absorb is my favorite because you can switch in on a water pokemon using a water attack and gain help from it. Damp protects from self destruct and Explosion. While not as useful as Water Absorb I do hate these attacks. So a way to avoid them is always nice. Unaware is another one of Quagsire’s abilities. If there are any stat changes Quagsire ignores them and attacks as if nothing happened. Which makes sense since this Pokemon doesn’t mind bumping into things. What is your favorite Pokemon? Quagsire while not my absolute favorite is one of my favorites. Also what Pokemon should I look at next?
If there is one Pokemon that everyone knows about besides Pikachu it is Charizard. And with good reason. Charizard is an awesome Pokemon. He is a fire type and looks like a very cool dragon. Charizard is extremely popular and Game Freak knows this. No matter what Pokemon game it is, you can be certain that Charizard or a member of its family will be in it. When mega evolution were introduced, Charizard received 2. In the anime we all know and love Ash’s powerful Charizard. We remember when he was a cute Charmander and was one of Ash’s best Pokemon. And then it evolved into the rebellious Charmeleon and finally into Charizard. For a long time Ash’s Charizard did not obey Ash and only battled when it wanted to test its strength against another Pokemon. But once Charizard chilled and started obeying Ash, Charizard once again became one of Ash’s best Pokemon. Charizard has faced many powerful foes and came out the victor. He has battled legendaries and pseudo legends. Charizard even had a finishing move in Seismic Toss. Not only in the anime but in our world we love using Charizard. In the competitive scene however Charizard has had it rather rough. Being fire/flying he is very weak to Stealth Rocks. Dealing massive damage every time it switches in. But Charizard has a wide move-pool and hits pretty hard. It’s megas are what make Charizard stand out in competitive. Charizard Y is a good sun user and Solar Beam is super effective to all of Charizard’s weaknesses. Charizard X finally allows Charizard to become a dragon and hits hard with physical attacks such has Fire Punch and Dragon Claw. I love Charizard and that is something that will never change. Charizard is strong and looks awesome and is a fire type which is also amazing.
Today on this page we will talk about the Pokemon of the day. And today’s Pokemon is my favorite Pokemon… Rapidash. I love Rapidash and I use him quite often. I know some people say that Rapidash is not good but I have proven that it is wonderful. I have knocked out legends with it and have used in many Pokemon games. I have had the same Rapidash with me since Emerald while training some new ones as well. Part of the reason that I love Rapidash is because it is a fire type which is my favorite type. My favorite move is Flamethrower. It’s reliable with no negative side effects and is very powerful. So Rapidash a fire type who can learn Flamethrower is awesome. I love Rapidash and that will never change. For years I have wanted Rapidash to evolve but I may never get my wish. If it were to evolve it should evolve into a Pegasus. Could imagine a beautiful fire/flying or fairy Pegasus? I think it would make Rapidash even more awesome. So yes Rapidash is my favorite Pokemon and I am sorry that you don’t get a rare candy for listening to how much I love Rapidash. So what Pokemon should we talk about next time?